Sunday, March 15, 2009

Well....My Weekend...Change Of Plans~

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend! I myself.....had big plans that never happened. This Saturday I was looking forward to meeting Kindra at her Spring craft show here in Lincoln. Well my hubby and I went out for dinner Friday night and I am assuming now that it was food poisoning. :( I was so miserable all weekend. Still definitely not feeling 100%. Needless to say our dinner out changed my whole weekend. On top of meeting Kindra we had so many things around the house we wanted to get done and some other fun plans scheduled for Saturday night. Instead I was in bed. I guess you just never know and you have to make the best of any situation. The good news is I will be meeting Kindra this coming weekend at her next show! :) I am really looking forward to it!

I did manage to draw this little pineapple and get it stitched up while I was resting~




Here is a close up~I got the frame painted, sanded and stained today~


My other project was one that I have been wanting to get done for a while now. My Dad made me this six drawer chest quite a few years ago. It has always been stained and the drawers on it at different times have been mauve, country blue and brick red. It has been up in the attic in our garage and I am so excited to have gotten it done and have it out again. Here is a before picture~

Here is the after~I added new wood knobs~




Well that is about it for me, It's funny I really didn't feel like working on any projects but yet i did...does that make sense? On Saturday I had no choice but to stay in bed (my body said so) but on Sunday I just didn't want to do NOTHING! Glad I got these two little projects done but it is off to bed for me. Zzzzzzz! Hope you all have a wonderful Monday. Until next time. Take care. ~Sarah~

6 comments:

  1. Sorry you were sick and your weekend didn't go as planned. Hope you feel better tomorrow. That pineapple is so cute and the drawers turned out great! Have a good night!
    Janae :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the six drawer chest. It looks great what a difference paint and new knobs can make.
    I hope you are feeling 100% better sooon.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about you being sick. Hope you are back to 100% today. I love your pineapple. I so need to learn how to stitch. The little 6 drawer chest is too cute. Looks great re-done.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry you were so sick! That is no fun. I hope you are 100% in no time.

    Love your pineapple and the redo - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is an amazing redo! it looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah, hope you're feeling better.
    That's too bad ya missed meeting up with Kindra.
    Love your pineapple stitchery, nice job and that re-do is fantastic!

    Happy St. Patty's day.

    hugs-Kath

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting & for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and enjoy each & every one! ~Sarah~