Sunday, March 8, 2009

~A Fun Weekend~

Hello all! Happy Monday! Just a quick little post tonight! My weekend was so fun! A little shopping~lunch out with a friend~ and supper out with a friend. It doesn't get any better! We all need a "girls day out" every once in a while! Had some good laughs and had some great luck shopping! I had been looking for a fly screen and I FOUND ONE! It is a little mini one! I have never seen one this size. It's about 7" around, really old and I love it! I am going to be rearranging my doughboard but I plopped it on there with a little pantry cake under it for a quick picture~



I will post pictures of my other new treasures when I get them all placed in their "new homes". It was a good day!

Other than my girls day out it was a pretty quiet weekend Sunday evening I worked on couple little projects. I found these cutting boards on sale at Bed Bath & Beyond. Kind of boring~

Here they are all painted, distressed and stained~



It was a fun quick project! Well, I am going to say Goodnight. I am working out tomorrow morning @ 6:00 a.m. I am a night owl but when I KNOW I have to get up that early in the morning I have to MAKE myself go to bed! I am NOT a morning person at all, but I have a doctor's appointment mid-morning and some other things going on too....and I have to fit that workout in! Hope you all have a wonderful Monday. Until next time. Take care. ~Sarah~

13 comments:

  1. Love the fly screen, and those cutting boards are awesome Girl! So glad you had a great day out shopping with friends, so wish i could have been there! Have a great workout and Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fly cover and those cutting boards are making me quite jealous... I am obsessed with cutting boards right now. What I would really like is you cheese board that your Dad made for you (lol). Uh yeah, I will just take it all thankyouverymuch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love those cutting boards!...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fly screen! The cutting boards look so much better. :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat fly cover...mines alot bigger and not old! The cutting boards are neat love how you made them over:)
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fly screen. Has it been really hard to find? I am glad you had a great weekend. Girls days out are important.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Sarah ~
    I really LOVE your blog, so warm, comfy and inviting:)
    Please come over to visit me and pick up an award I have for you!
    Cathyjean

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your fly screen! Did you get it at Sweet Annie's? :) They have a fun flea market 2 times a year, too.

    Loved how your cutting boards came out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarah,
    Love that little fly screen!!
    Your cutting boards turned out great!
    Glad you had a fun 'days girls out'!

    Have a happy day :)

    Hugs-Kath

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sarah,
    Love the fly sreen and the cuttings boards turned out wonderful!!
    Have a great week.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love the fly screen ! I hope to find one of those soon :-) Your cutting boards turned out great !
    Janae :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pictures AND the cutting boards turnied out great! I have been doing some of those myself. I love how wasy it is!
    Hope your day is great!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea to paint newer cutting boards! It's so much fun to get such great inspiration from these blogs!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting & for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and enjoy each & every one! ~Sarah~