Saturday, March 28, 2009

~A Fun Saturday~

Hello everyone! It was a fun Saturday for me! I started out at "The Mother Of All Garage Sales"! It was so fun walking around and taking it all in. I saw a basket for $10 I was going to go back and get it and a sheep mold...but when I went back to get the basket it was gone...and I totally forgot about the sheep mold...darn. BUT.....I did get this awesome old tote! It has a handle in the middle that spins completely around. I am assuming it was an old tool carrier. It has some writing on the front of it, I haven't been able to make out what it says yet. And the gal at the same booth was selling these wool eggs and miniature flower pillows for a $1.00 each!



I got this mold pan for $1.00 too!




I met up with a friend and our next stop was an amazing prim shop called Primitive Treasures. GREAT shop! I could have bought so much more but I had to make choices! I will be going back! This bunny was the first thing I saw when I walked in and he said "take me home"! I love the bowl and the paper mache eggs and the prim carrots! It was a fun stop!



Then it was off to The Salvation Army! I got all of these goodies for $5.00! More makeovers! :)




And I have to share this picture! This wonderful blue cloth you have been seeing in all of my pictures I got from Lisa! I ordered this wonderful Spring stitchery from her and she tucked the blue cloth in as a surprise! Thank you Lisa I love everything!




And I have a couple more makeovers to show. I got a wooden bowl at the Goodwill. It was painted mustard and under that someone painted a watermelon (seeds and all) I painted two coats of black and then scored it with a knife so it would look used and then coated it with a dark walnut stain.






And this was a project for a good friend of mine who brought a few pieces over that she asked me to makeover. This is a wall cabinet that will go in her kitchen. She wanted it a barn red color.

This is before~


And this is after~




That's about it for me! It's been a busy week and a busy weekend...and it isn't even over yet! Hope you all are enjoying your weekends as well! It was a chilly but dry and sunny day here! Until next time...take care! ~Sarah~

12 comments:

  1. Sarah~
    Just wanted to let you know that I love all of your "finds". And that you did an awesome job on your makeovers!! You certainly have great taste.

    Hugs!! Carrie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah~

    I just recently found your blog. And I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed going thru your posts this evening. Love all of your finds from the weekend and you did an awesome job on the makeovers!!

    Hugs!! Carrie♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, the finds you found are wonderful. The cabniet you madeover looks great. Love the star you added. I like how you added the cutting marks in the bowl to make it look used. Cool idea! You are talented!! dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you had a good prim weekend! Those makeover's do become addicting don't they? Great job on the cabinet and I love the tool carrier bet that would have cost $$$ at an antique store! Love the bunny to so glad to hear that certain things talk to you too when you walk in a prim store:)
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah I'm in awe at the wonderful items you found at the garage sale! It's like it was a store....
    Oh you can make several 'pantry cakes' with that pan...how cool.
    I just love all our makeovers - you are a very talented gal.

    Karen
    http://mycolonialhome.blogspot.com/
    kmprimitives@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cabinet that you made over looks great and the star adds that special prim touch. I love your bowl too... ok, there really isn't much that I don't love (lol).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great day! Wasn't mother of all garage sales fun?! I found a couple goodies, myself. :) I could of bought more but I held back. And Primitive Treasures is a lot of fun! I haven't been to her new location yet. And your makeovers are just perfect! You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Sarah! Sounds like a successful shopping day for sure. Love the idea of the knife marks in the bowl. I'll have to remember that.

    Great cabinet makeover as well. Do I see a new career ahead??

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything!!!! you really had a great prim day with all your finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah,

    Sounds like you had a great day. I love all your goodies. Your bowl looks great. Your friend is going to love the redo. It turned out great!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. You find the best prim goodies, Sarah! And your GW finds always turn out beautifully. I can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah,
    You got some great things at the hugh garage sale. All the redo's turned out wonderful. Your friend is going to love what you did to the little cupboard!
    Have a great week.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting & for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and enjoy each & every one! ~Sarah~