Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patricks Day!


Just poppin on quick to say Happy St. Patricks Day everyone! Not a bit of Irish in our house! But I found this picture and thought it was so pretty! I don't drink beer...green or otherwise...and after my recent experience with food poisoning please don't even mention corned beef and cabbage. I'm still drinking Sprite and eating Saltines! LoL! I have gotten so behind lately with everything ... NONE of my kiddos wore green today, in fact...on the way to school I said "Hey it's St. Patricks Day and none of you are wearing green". To which they replied...."Today is St. Patricks Day"?! Hmmmmm?

I do have a fond memory of four leaf clovers though. My Mom is THE BEST four leaf clover hunter in the world! She always manages to find them. Last year she found enough to press between glass, frame and give to her Mother, her sisters and a couple close cousins. I would always look for them with her....and never find one. And she would just say..."Ah here's another one"! Then she would hold the stem of them in her mouth and keep looking. Brings back some neat memories of just Mom and me. When we lived in the same town we always went looking for clovers, walking in the rain or walking in the snow. VERY fond memories. <3

Wishing you all a wonderful St. Pattys Day. Until next time. Take care. ~Sarah~

5 comments:

  1. My sister finds them too like your mother...amazing isn't it:)
    Have a wonderful day!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you are still feeling "not yourself". I can imagine.......and for sure I don't want to experience what you did!

    We be having a grand time today. We ken claim proud Irish kin and ken hear the pipes callin ter us! So have a grand day yer wee self, and be after havin a grand day with yer wee loved ones fer sure! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. May God give you...
    For every storm, a rainbow,
    For every tear, a smile,
    For every care, a promise,
    And a blessing in each trial.
    For every problem life sends,
    A faithful friend to share,
    For every sigh, a sweet song,
    And an answer for each prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,
    I hope you get feeling better soon. We aren't Irish either but I did cook corned beef for dinner. Have a great evening.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOHHH loved the saying Linda commented. Have to write that down. :)

    Happy late St. Patty's day. I'm behind on my faves. :)

    I'm looking forward to Saturday!! Can't wait to meet ya! Love your pineapple stitchery! Where do you get your cute frames? And your little cabinet makeover is oooohhhh sooooo prim! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting & for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and enjoy each & every one! ~Sarah~