Wednesday, February 16, 2011

:: What A Crock ::

I hope you are all having a great week so far. Wednesday is upon us! It is sunny and beautiful here today. Still a little chilly, but I am not complaining. Super day for a walk outside!

Yesterday was a great day for me. I got some goodies in the mail and some goodies from my sweet husband!

I placed an order with Indian Trail Pottery. They offer the most amazing handcrafted pottery. I chose the Rusted Barn color. It is even more gorgeous in person! I can’t wait to find special spots for each and every piece.

The two in the back are the 3/4 gallon crocks and off to the right is the utensil crock ::

DSC09340

I also ordered the black tart warmer. LOVE this ::

DSC09347

And these adorable soap trays with the most wonderful smelling handmade soaps ::

DSC09344

It was so fun to place an order with Tarrah and her husband, they are both so talented. I was excited to know that my pieces were being individually handcrafted. In this day and age it is SO important to buy handmade and support talented artists likeTarrah’s husband…and Tarrah too, check out her wool acorns!

Visit their BLOG and you can see Tarrah’s beautiful photos of their pottery.

Thanks guys!! I will enjoy my pieces for years to come.

As if my pottery delivery wasn’t enough. My husband comes home with these ::

DSC09360

Three crocks! I LOVE them all! He asked me if he was a good “picker” and I said “YES”! He did GOOD! Thanks honey…what a wonderful out of the blue surprise! XOXO

My crocks with a little light shining in the kitchen window ::

DSC09349

The small crock has amazing dark brown speckles on it ::

DSC09370

Needless to say, yesterday was a GREAT day! Today, I am having fun placing everything around the house…AND doing some laundry….not so fun! But that’s o.k…. It’s all about balance right? A little of this and a little of that! Gotta find time to workout too! I better get busy!!

Have a fantastic day!

Until next time, take care.

~Sarah~

15 comments:

  1. Love all your pottery and crocks. You are a very lucky lady indeed! Thanks for sharing, looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the sweetest! So glad you like the pottery, thanks so much for your patronage! :)
    I also love the crocks your hubby brought home...how awesome of a day! Your pictures are absolutely beautiful with the way the sunlight comes through, everything looks so warm and homey.
    Thanks again Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Sarah!!!
    Just popping in to see if you have any of the heart bowl fillers left...would love to buy some from you! Have a great day<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sarah you lucked out. Your husband has great taste. Those handmade crocks are gorgeous. Have to check them out. Glad to see you are adding to your collection. Thanks for sharing and again the pictures are beautiful. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am a new follower of your lovely blog. I adore pottery and this post spoke to me. Eye candy for sure. Your husband has a geeat eye! Now I'm off to visit Tarrahs blog. Good day, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your crocks. I hope to put a few more in my home too. That is one thing I am looking for. I have a friend who makes homemade soap. I love it. Its so much better than store bought. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah I'd say you had a good day!!! I LOVE all of your new pottery and your crocks!! Geoff did an awesome job picking those out...I think he knows you well!:) I can't wait to see them all in their new homes.

    Blessings,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your goodies,especially the pretty soaps and dishes.I know a local potter and she used to buy my candles wholesale for her shop.Normally we just swapped out.I agree supporting local talented artist and craftsman is the way to go.Plus you know it's made with pride not a throw away like so many imports.Hubby did good too.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Purchase!!!! Love the Crocks from Hubby!!!! What a sweetheart and a Great Picker!
    Blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful day for you Sarah! I'm hoping to order a few things from Tarrah soon. Needing to sell a few things in my booth first. I love the Rusted Barn color as well. Your hubby's sweet surprise was awesome!
    Blessings to you,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I Love your new pottery and your husband did good with those crocks! He is a great picker! LOL. I need to get me one of those tart warmers...It's beautiful...
    Thanks for sharing....
    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all or your Indian Trail Pottery....very cool!!! Love the color.....Geoff did very well, really nice crocks! Excellent picker :) Love your new header!!! Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's nice to meet you! I'm from Nebraska too and came over from Simply Bungalows fb post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful crocks and pottery!! How fun to receive them all on the same day. With a day like that, it's okay to have to do something a little mundane like laundry. Like you said... it's a good balance, hehe! Geoff did a wonderful job of picking those out and Tarrah's pottery has such a beautiful finish on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting & for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and enjoy each & every one! ~Sarah~