Wednesday, February 2, 2011

~A Birthday Gift To Treasure~

Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well. We enjoyed our second snow day at home today. The kids had a good time just hanging out and I had a chance to get caught up on laundry and housework. The last couple of days have been nasty with snow, wind and ice. But today the sun came out and there was a little bit of melting going on. Still icy though, so we are taking it slow.

A big box arrived at my door yesterday and I wanted to share what was in it with you. My sweet friend Wanda sent me a birthday gift. I couldn’t wait to open it up and see what it was!

When I got it open a gorgeous brown crock bowl was inside! I couldn’t believe it! The most beautiful dark chocolate brown bowl!  I filled it with some angel vine and a few favorite hearts and proudly set it on my kitchen table for a little photo shoot. Only fitting that I fill it full of hearts, because I LOVE it~~~

Wanda Bowl1

Wanda Bowl2

Wanda Bowl3

Wanda Bowl4

Isn’t it just amazing!? It is from her own collection, it means the world that she shared such a special piece of her collection with me. It has a sweet history and a charming story to go along with it. And now it has a very special place in my home and in my heart. I will always take care of it and treasure it~~~

Wanda Bowl5

Wanda Bowl6

Wanda and I have never met. But she is a very dear friend of mine. I am so blessed to know her. Thank you Wanda for brightening my day and my life and for making my 40th Birthday that much more special!

“Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!” ~ Amanda Bradley

Reach out and give a friend a hug today! :)

Until next time, take care.

~Sarah~

15 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift, Sarah! It looks perfect with your hearts in it. I think we're all getting to enjoy the snow days now. Love being stranded at home! It's my favorite place to be! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Sarah, What a wonderful gift you received.
    Prim blessing
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how special! :) WHAT A FABULOUS GIFT OF THE HEART! <3 it's gorgeous & OFCOURSE you made it even more beautiful with your fabulous displays & wonderful pictures! HaPpY 40th, Sarah!!! :) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, What a lovely post. I am so happy that you love the bowl and I love the way you have displayed it with the hearts, so sweet!♥

    Thank you for the gift of your friendship...someday I hope we get to meet! i am very happy we are friends!

    Take care my friend! Enjoy your bowl.
    Wanda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful gift...I love your display of hearts in the bowl. Simply beautiful!
    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friends are the BEST!Such a beautiful birthday gift........enjoy!
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a very special gift, displayed so nicely I might add. So glad you have such a nice prim friend, hope you two get to meet some day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful bowl! I love how you can just "throw" something in a bowl and make it look awesome! I also LOVE those hearts!
    Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bowl, and I loved the primitive hearts also. Friendship is such a blessing, and you are blessed to have Wanda as a friend. Enjoy the snow, stay safe and warm

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, what a sweet gift. That bowl is beautiful and so are your displays.

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a beautiful bowl Sarah! How nice of Wanda to send it to you! I love all your hearts displayed in it. Looks very nice!
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet gesture! Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a special gift your friend shared with you and how you displayed your other treasures in it, just beautiful! Happy Birthday!
    ~Donna~

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is really amazing gift she has a great collection that was absolutely a nice sweet story. Thank you so much for sharing keep posting!

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  15. How very sweet of Wanda to share something from her own personal collection! How beautiful the bowl is, love the color!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting & for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and enjoy each & every one! ~Sarah~