Monday, April 18, 2011

:: Finally Sharing My Finds ::

Happy Monday everyone! I am finally sharing my finds from my day out thriftin’ junkin’  antique-in’  & lunchin’ with Kindra from At Home With K. You can see the post she made about her wonderful finds HERE. She got some great stuff…and all of it at great prices!

The box on top I have had for a long time. But I got the two trunks on our girls day out. Lovin’ the colors, a muted robin’s egg blue. Haven’t found a home for them yet ::

Beatrice Finds2

Close up ::

Beatrice Finds4

Printers box ::

Beatrice Finds5

And one of my favorite finds of the day. This green metal mailbox ::

Beatrice Finds7

Beatrice Finds6

A few little berry baskets for 50 cents a piece ::

Antique finds w Kindra 024

Little oil cans. Why did I buy these you ask?....I just thought they were cute! I don't own any others, I guess they just caught my eye ::

Antique finds w Kindra 018

This is a tiny strainer. The handle pops off so I will be making a mini shoo fly screen. I got three other strainers in varying sizes ::

Antique finds w Kindra 023 

My new collection of flower frogs. They are so awesome. They are metal & heavy ::

Crocks and Frogs 006

For those of you who may not know what flower frogs are. You put them in the bottom of a jar and then when you put your fresh flowers in the jar....the stems stick in these and they hold the flowers up! Lately I have been seeing people tuck vintage postcards, recipe cards, tags or photos in between the spikes for display! :)

Crocks and Frogs 009

And last but not least, my dollar crock ::

Lemon Crock 002

I love this size of crock, they have so many uses! And you can’t beat the price ::

Lemon Crock 003

It was a great day! How fun is it that you can meet someone through blogging, find out that you live a few minutes from each other. Meet in person and form a friendship! I am blessed to know you Kindra and I am looking forward to our next adventure!

I hope you all have a fabulous day today! Make it a great week! And don’t forget about MY SPRING GIVEAWAY! It’s open through this Friday the 22nd!!

“If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.” ~ Jim Valvano

Until next time, take care.

~Sarah~

10 comments:

  1. What great finds! Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finds! I love flower frogs perfect for old photos and postcards.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some LOVELIES with GREAT vintage patinas. The mail box is my fav too!
    Beautiful Finds!
    Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - It sounds like you had a fun day and got great stuff. Thanks for sharing! Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - those are great finds - love the oil cans. And the mini fly screen is going to be adorable - super idea. Have fun with all your new goodies! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well it's about time! LOL Love all your finds. I wish I would of saw that mailbox before you did...else it would of been mine. :) Had a great time with Sarah! Such fun and laughs...can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah,

    Great finds, I'm really starting to dig the robin's egg blue too! By the way I left you a comment yesterday and became a fan on facebook too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!!! We finally got to see all of your goodies from your outing with Kindra!! :) :) You found some awesome "OLD" things. the flower frogs are my favorite!! Hope you're having a great week!! :)

    Hugs,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mail box is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so awesome that you and Kindra live so close. I can only imagine what it must be like when the two of you get together... you're both so stinkin' creative! And how do you not fight over things because you both love a good deal?! Lol! You picked up some awesome pieces! Love the printer's box and the old mailbox, also the trunks.. love it all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting & for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and enjoy each & every one! ~Sarah~