Thursday, May 28, 2009

~Touches Of Americana~

I hope everyone is doing well! We are almost there...the weekend!! :) I have been busy continuing to put the house back together after painting. And yesterday I worked on my entryway. I love to decorate for the 4th of July and thought I would get the few things out that I have so that we could enjoy them..as well as a few "new" old things! I got the red clock on the table from Goodwill for $3.99 (it still had the original $42.00 price tag on it) I was so excited! And the table I got at an antique shop for $20! I couldn't wait to get home and refinish it...so I started on it pretty much right away~



The candle holders on the left hand side were ones I got from Kohls a while back..they were a shiny dark brown. I painted them red, sanded/distressed them and used a dark walnut stain. The bowl on the right was my Goodwill bowl for a $1.00! I used the same technique on that as I did the candle holders. The star I also covered with dark walnut stain....it was a bright white. If you couldn't already tell I am addicted to dark walnut stain and the color black!! LOL!! :)



No honestly I am having SO much fun taking someone's cast offs and turning them into something I can display in my home. And when you can do it anywhere from $1.00-$20.00....in this economy I say that's PERFECT!!


Here is a bowl rack that I got at the antique mall... I just tucked a little flag in it~



This is in an effort to hide all of the phone cords, outlets and plug ins...I wish we didn't have to have them but we do...so camoflauge them as best we can~





This is a Salvation Army find for $4.00. I put some dark walnut stain over the whole thing to give it a more aged look~





Next I think I am going to do a little Americana display on my doughboard~ I am having way too much fun! :)


Here is an updated picture of the shelf above our deck doors.....I am pretty sure this shelf is saying leave me alone already! I was going to do just crocks on it but then I stuck my bunny up there and I kind of liked it....I am sure it won't stay this way either! Maybe it is too blah~ Oh goodness I make myself crazy! Haha!





Have a wonderful weekend!! Thank you to everyone for leaving such sweet comments and entering my giveaway! Stay tuned~ I will be announcing the winner on Monday June 1st!! :)
Until next time. Take care. ~Sarah~

29 comments:

  1. Everything looks great Sarah! I love dark walnut and black too. I love the little Liberty picture. I guess this kind of sickness is better than drugs or bad things for sure though! Hopefully I'm lucky and win your give away.

    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Everything is beautiful!!! LOVE that first picture! What a fantastic find that clock was! Everything looks so "homey"! ~~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah ~
    Your home always looks so warm and inviting. Love all of your redos & what a steal on that clock. Your Americana decor is wonderful.
    hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks WONDERFUL, Sarah! It always does!!! :)
    I love it all, and btw-you take great pics!

    Have a happy weekend.

    hugs-Kath

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah,
    Just love what you are doing and can't wait to do it myself.lol I've been looking for a prim clock but so far no luck, love yours!!! The table is great for 20.00:)

    Love your blog and always glad when you post!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah~
    You are addicted to makeovers!
    You are now in the offical ""Goodwill makeover Club"...Welcome!
    It is addicting...but it is an inexpensive addiction!
    I love your displays.
    Your home truly looks amazing!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lookin great Sarah!! You always have a knack for decorating and put certain things together with others and making them look so great!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great finds! Everything is beautiful, as usual, Sarah!
    I especially like the bowl rack!
    Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

    ~Kris~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sarah!!!!, Everything looks awesome. I love it. I think your house is very cozy and you are an amazing decorator.... I love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your bowl rack. I so would like one of those. I just have to be patient and wait and I'll come across one. I am so addicted to getting cast offs too. When I told DH I was going to hit a few garage sales today, he wondered if we (meaning me) didn't already have enough "junk" sitting around. I just pretended I didn't hear him. LOL There is never enough. Although when I go to GW and see someone's car stuffed full of treasures, I say a small prayer that my addiction doesn't turn into that!!! Have a great weekend. As always, I love looking at your pictures.
    ~Melissa~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah you are a wonderful decorator. You make everything look so prim and pretty. I wonder if you might come over to my house and help me arrange some things. You've been very lucky with your GW finds. I have hit the jackpot a couple of times but nothing like you have.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sarah,
    I love all of your Americana displays! It's so fun decorating for summer isn't it! I can't believe all the good deals you find. You do such great makeovers!Love that little bowl rack! I'm thinking I need to stop by Goodwill today. I haven't been since I went with you and Kindra. Hope you have a nice weekend!
    Janae

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it all Sarah. I love that it is not over done. Like the single wreath on the pegs on the shelf. PERFECT! I love all your displays!!

    Have a great weekend!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah, you have done a wonderful job with all of these makeovers! Everything compliments the other..great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love everything!....your home is becoming so warm and comfy!...keep them pictures and makeovers coming!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sarah,

    I love your American decor. I can't wait until I move into my own home so I can decorate. You have such a great eye for decorating.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. It all looks great! I love Americana!

    Blessings,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything looks wonderful Sarah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It all looks so wonderful Sarah!!! I love Americana decor too so I am loving this post!!:0) Have a wonderful wekend!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sarah, I just popped over and loved what I saw; I love your style. I can never define mine-a lot of traditional with country touches, Americana and some prim too. You have an amazing talent and I'll be back to see more.
    Blessings, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Sarah, love, love your style..and your redos rock...:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful post and your creativity is wonderful too...
    I love the look of your blog Sarah - it's so prim and clean.

    I love your little bowl rack - one of my favorites.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sarah~

    I absolutely LOVE your home. I would definitely agree with Basketsnprims...it is so warm and inviting!!

    I also love your redos. Can't beat that...wonderful Prim goodness at a discounted price!!

    Have a great evening!!

    Hugs!! Carrie♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love everything you do,,,,,,,,,,,,, love it~!!! Anything you touch just comes out looking amazing~~ you really inspire me, keep those pictures coming!!

    thanks, Darla

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sarah, Love your finds. I wish I could find one of those bowl racks! Love the American picture too. It all looks great! Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  26. You have a wonderful way of pulling things together, Sarah. I so enjoy your photos and projects!

    There's just something so appealing about Americana and summertime. They compliment each other so well.

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sarah,
    Love all the decorating that you did...Don't you just love to find those cast-offs and make them into something wonderful!! I found some great items at our GW yesterday...I've been telling everyone that I'm decorating GW style. LOL...
    Hope you're having a great weekend.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sarah, you have such a wonderful way of decorating and making everything look so pretty even with 5 kids in the house. I have 6 and 3 have moved on and I still can't achieve that special look. Want to come help me.

    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't know how I have missed finding your blog but now that I have found it, I promise to keep coming back. I love your decorating style!

    Take Care,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting & for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and enjoy each & every one! ~Sarah~