Sunday, May 10, 2009

~Happy Mothers Day~

Wishing you all a happy Mother's Day! I hope you are spending time with the ones you love and enjoying a day that is JUST FOR YOU! We have had a wonderful day so far....we went to the Farmers Market this morning....and just finished a yummy grilled supper!


I won't be seeing my Mother today...she very much on my mind and in my heart. She is spending time in the hospital with her Mother. My Grandma will be 103 in June! They are two of the most amazing women I have ever known! My Grandma is getting better, she is a very strong woman who has always been very healthy. Please say a little prayer for her if you would....every little bit helps! We hope she is out of the hospital and back home soon! It just goes to show you....you never stop caring for your Mother and she never stops caring for you.


Here is a picture of my Mom and my Grandma at her 100th birthday party~




Here is my Mom having a great time on a boat ride on the 4th of July!




I love you Mom...you are THE BEST Mom and Friend that I could ever ask for!


Here is a poem I wanted to share....It is one of my favorites~



My Mother's Hands


My mother's hands, soft and delicate


Once touching the frame of my face


Brushing back the wisps of hair


My mother's hands holding the family


Close together at the table, meals to share


My mother's hands shaping the household


Into a coherent unit functioning daily


No friction, just blessed union and peace


My mother's hands, there to fold in


Thoughts of prayer, to reach up to


The Hands Above, the Hands of Love


My mother's hands, now worn with time


Still holding my devotion, still holding mine


Copyright 2007 by Sharon Jordan


Here is a picture of me and our five kiddos.....it was taken a couple years ago...but I just love it! It is quick snapshots like these that sometimes turn out to be favorites~




Happy Mom's Day to all of my blog friends! Until next time. Take care. ~Sarah~

10 comments:

  1. What an amazing family and how fortunate that your children get to know their great-grandmother! I wish my kids had known both of my grandmothers. They were awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sarah!
    I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful Mother's Day with your family. I will keep your grandma and your family in my prayers. What lovely ladies your mom and grandma are.
    hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww how sweet! Happy Mother's Day to you and your mom and Gram. I will say a prayer for her.

    Love the candid of you and the kiddos!!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful family Sarah:) How fortunate you are to have your grandmother too:)
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...103...that is remarkable!
    My Gram is 97 and just a healthy as can be. It is so great to see them in such great shape at that age. How sweet of your Mom to be with your Gram on this special day. Happy Mother's Day to you all! I love the picture of you and your clan. Great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah,

    Nice tribute to your mom and grandma. I love that your Grandma is still going strong and I will keep her in my prayers. Love the little snapshot of the family too. I don't know where you find the time, girl!

    Carey
    http://americangirlprimitivesnsuch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your grandma gets better soon..I will say a prayer for her..I love the photo of you and the kids...that is priceless...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful photos! Your grandma is definitely in my prayers. She looks like a strong and amazing person. You are so fortunate to have your mom and your grandma! Love the snapshot of you and your kids and loved the poem! Thanks for sharing! ~~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarah,

    Love the pictures. What a great bunch you have there. I hope you and your Mom had a wonderful Mother's Day.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, it's awesome that your grandma is approaching 103 - what a blessing!

    I love that beautiful poem and your family photos.

    Blessings,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting & for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and enjoy each & every one! ~Sarah~