Sunday, August 15, 2010

Where Did The Summer Go? I Am So Ready For Fall!

Hello everyone! Long time no blog! It has been a very busy Summer, as I am sure it has been for all of you too! We just got back from our family vacation to Kansas City. Almost all of our school shopping is done, good thing because the first day is right around the corner! Whew… It seems like we blinked and Summer was over.

We finally got some relief today from the intense heat we have had. We went to the farmer’s market today and could sit out on the deck while our steaks grilled without breaking a sweat for the first time in many days! I hope where ever you are the weather is pleasant!

I haven’t blogged in a while and I have missed it. I have a few things to share. First, I think you all know by now that Fall is my most favorite season. Well, I got a couple new signs that I just have to show you. Obviously I haven’t started decorating for Fall yet, but now that I have these signs I am just itching to! They are both made by my talented friend Lisa. Check out her selling blog Black Sheep’s Mercantile. Thanks Lisa, I couldn’t be more happy with my signs!

This one Lisa custom made for me. Every year it is a tradition for our family to have a pumpkin carving contest after we have visited our local pumpkin patch. This sign has special meaning to our family!

DSC06694

Here is a close up. I just love the detail and the distressing.

DSC06697

And here is the second one. It is a great sign that I can easily find just the right spot for!

DSC06700

Another close up just for fun. I love the wood she used!

DSC06701

Doesn’t it just get you in the mood for Fall?

Here is something else that will get you into the Fall mood. I LOVE these 1803 Candles. Here is my little stash of Autumn scents. Some I have ordered straight from their website. And some I have purchased from a wonderful  store called Aunt Patty’s Attic. Check out their blog HERE.

DSC06704

Scents from left to right are: Witches Cauldron, Pumpkin Hollow, Pumpkin Cornbread and Simply Autumn. All are wonderful, I just love the look of them. And the scents are to die for. Try these out, you won’t be disappointed. For those of you who already have them, you know what I am talking about!

Here is a makeover that I did a while back. And I am just now getting around to sharing it. I bought this little cabinet with four drawers a LONG time ago at Goodwill for $4.00. Just like all of my other goodies it sat in my garage and patiently waited for me to make it over. 

Here it is before~

Makeover 3

And here it is after~

Makeover 2

Close up~

Makeover

I took off the porcelain knobs. Then I sanded the whole piece down and wiped it with a tack cloth. Gave it two coats of Americana black paint. Sanded and distressed it (I even hit it with a hammer in some places)! The new wood knobs I purchased at Michaels craft store, I attached those with a screw through the backside of the drawers. I predrilled a small hole first (in both the knob and the drawers) so I didn’t split any wood. I wiped off all of the excess saw dust with a tack cloth and then coated the whole thing with Minwax gel stain in Walnut.

It is the perfect length and width for the back of the tank on the toilet. It holds hair ties and bobby pins, q-tips etc. A great little wooden find! I love things with little drawers!

That is about it for this time! It has been fun chatting with you again! Next time I will be blogging about a wonderful swap I did with a very dear friend. But in the meantime, check out her blog! She is one very talented gal!!  Homespun Treasures By Dana. Here is a link to her website too! Homespun Treasures.

Until next time, take care.

~Sarah~

14 comments:

  1. Good to see a "post" on here...hehe...no pun intended!! ;)
    Love your signs...Lisa does fabulous work!!! I'm ready for fall too!! Even more so now that I've seen those great signs!
    Love your makeover--ya always do the best makeovers!!! I have never tried those cnadles, I'll surely have to! Looking forward to seeing your swap goodies from Dana...
    Have a great day, Sarah and a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great lil cabinet for the bathroom! Great idea!
    You must try the "Perfect Pumpkin" candle by 1803, it's delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pics make the signs look even better! So happy you r pleased with them, thanks for the plug! Love the makeover, i have one just like it, got it from Home Interiors 20 years ago. Hubby uses it on his dresser for change or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah, I lOVE the signs your bought. I feel the same way, school is right around the corner. Summer did fly by!
    I love your make over. You always do such a great job and for the candles I LOVE them. I used to get my candles at yankee candle not anymore !!!Everyone should try one of these candles you will be so HAPPY that you did.

    Have a great week and I can't wait to start to decorate for fall, I am starting to put out litlle pumpkins!
    I can't wait to see your home decorated for the fall time!
    Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Sarah!!! I'm so glad y'all had a great vacation. I can't believe Summer is almost over but I admit I'm rushing Fall it's been sooooo HOT here. You are not going to believe this but I'm with you and Lisa I have the same little cabinet!!!! I need to give it a makeove though. You did a great job on your makeover. I LOVE your new signs from Lisa. She is so talented she can sew, paint, and make anything!!! Thank you so much for posting the link to my new blog I really appreciate it I have over 70 followers now!!! Can you believe it!! We'll talk soon!!!!

    Blessings,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wondering where the Summer went too?!...Never mind, I remember...we spent it renovating a house!..LOL

    I am looking forward to Fall as well!...Can't wait for the crisp air and natures colorful display!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, Sarah! I've missed your posts. Love you little drawer cubby! I'm glad you had a nice vacation. Sounds like you had lots of fun. Those signs from Lisa are wonderful! Fall will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your signs Sarah!! Your re-do is awesome...love it!! I too wonder where Summer went, but the one good thing about it leaving is Fall is next :) and you can fire up those candles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful signs! How great to have one to represent a family tradition - our son's wifes family has one every year as well - wish one of them was into Prims because I'd get one for them but with Prims....they JUST DON'T GET IT! lol

    Great redo on the little chest - great work.

    karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your signs are great. I think it is wonderful you & your family share time gathering for pumpkin carving as a tradition. Enjoy your selves. The little cabinet with drawers makeover is prim perfect. I love it. I will have to check out those candles they would look good in my homestead. I jumped ahead by using fall colors in my new peg board projects for my LVR & DinR. I love the warm colors of fall. It is a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sarah! I am kind of sad to see summer end. I love being with my family all summer, but I do want the cooler weather of Fall. I love your new signs from Lisa, she did a great job on them. You also always do the best makeovers, loved the little cabinet. Enjoy the rest of your summer, talk to you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so ready for fall too! The heat this summer has been brutal!!

    Lisa makes wonderful treasures...and the sign is a great addition to your home! Love the makeover too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post is KILLING me bc i just BOUGHT the EXACT same set of drawers from a goodwill in Lincoln NE (there must be a bunch out there! haha)... I have it sanded down for a re do but I am struggling with what color to paint it bc im not sure where it will go/ be used for. Back of the toilet is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. if you have a moment PLEASE email me the color of your bathroom wall color (in your pic)... I love that latte looking color and its just what im looking for in our bedroom or bathroom!
    nurselishie@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting & for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and enjoy each & every one! ~Sarah~