Monday, May 16, 2011

:: Pottery Made From The Heart & A Lilac Photo Shoot ::

Hello everyone! Hope you have had a marvelous Monday! We had sunshine all day…still a little bit chilly..but nice!

I got an after school surprise from my daughter Emily. She made this for me in pottery class! I absolutely love it, love the design & the colors! Thank you Emily, I will cherish it forever. Love you!

Emilys Pottery 005

Emilys Pottery 007

Emilys Pottery 008

Good texture! Great job Emily!

Emilys Pottery 021

Today I looked out the window and my lilacs were in full bloom! You know I had to go out and pick some!

Lilacs Iphone

Lilacs Iphone2

For me, lilacs bring back wonderful childhood memories. We had a huge grassy area near our house down by the lake. There were tons of lilac bushes. We would go down there and play kick the can, kick ball or just chase each other around & play tag! The smell of my lilac bushes takes me right back to that carefree time in my life!  Playing outside until you heard your Mom or Dad call you in for supper or for bedtime! :)

Lilacs Iphone3

Lilacs Iphone4

I wish lilacs could last forever. I brought some inside and had a little photo shoot. At least I will have pictures to remember these by…I just wish my pictures were scratch n sniff so that I could keep that wonderful aroma forever!

Lilacs SKP FB2

This was my Great Grandmother’s crock. I think they look just perfect in it.

Lilacs SKP FB

Lilacs SKP FB3

And I put a few smaller lilacs in my ironstone pitcher.

Emilys Pottery 051

Emilys Pottery 056

Beautiful sunlight

Emilys Pottery 054

“I am thinking of the lilac-trees,
That shook their purple plumes,
And when the sash was open,
Shed fragrance through the room.”
        ~Mrs. Anna S. Stephens

Have a great night everyone!

Until next time, take care.

~Sarah~

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah Sweetie...
    What a gorgeous share this evening. I simply adore that beautiful pot that your sweet girl made for you in pottery class. It is so beautiful, and definitely something to cherish forever. Her choice of coloring is so pretty as well. Great job Emily, and the rings around the bottom are so pretty.

    Love your lilacs. I can smell the sweet fragrances with the wind blowing. How beautiful they are. I am wondering if you can dry those and keep the fragrance like you can a rose? I would google that and find out.

    Thank you for sharing this evening. I have SO enjoyed my visit. All Roads do Lead Home sweet friend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pottery piece. It's the perfect color. Your lilacs are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sarah!
    I saw your last post too, love the heart shaped viburnum! Mine are just starting, everything is a tad later, but that's alright, I am enjoying every second! I enjoy your posts!
    Have a good night,
    Blessings,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. The liliacs are in bloom here but the rain won't go away, so please send us some of that wonderful sunshine!! Your daughter has a great talent, wonderful pottery piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting & for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and enjoy each & every one! ~Sarah~