Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Few New Fall and Halloween Fillers

Happy Saturday everyone!! It is a gorgeous day here today! AND it is College Game Day! Our family LOVES football! We love the feeling, the atmosphere, the food, everything about it! GO HAWKEYES!! O.k…now that I have that out of the way!

Boy, am I getting in the mood for Fall! We have been deep cleaning lately, so I am just about ready to get the Fall decor out! I have already started burning some of my favorite Fall candles..and they smell SO good! 

I thought I would share a few more Fall and Halloween salt dough fillers that I got done. I am having fun with these…can you tell?…

Here are some “heirloom” pumpkins with acorns and brown leaves.

DSC07117

A couple of close ups~

DSC07122

DSC07123

Here are some little Jack O’ Lanterns~

DSC07136

You can just call him “Jack”. :)

DSC07134

Black arching cats, moons and stars~

DSC07137

DSC07140

And the little witch hat, with a little yellow band added (my daughter painted these)!  Good job Emily, I love the little hit of  yellow color!

DSC07142

I hope you are all getting in the mood for Fall too! Enjoy all of the sites, sounds, smells and changes in the world around you right now. Take time to stop and enjoy the simple things. Slow down, take a breath and take it all in.

“Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.”  ~Elizabeth Lawrence

I am saying a prayer for all of my friends on the East coast, I hope Earl  dissipates and leaves you all unharmed. From what I hear, it sounds like that is the case. I will  keep you all in my thoughts.

Don’t forget to enter my fun Fall Giveaway (details in my previous post)! I am enjoying your comments, I am so grateful for all of my followers. I enjoy reading your sweet comments, the fact that you take them time to write to me means so much. If you are not a follower yet, please become one, I would love to meet you!

Until next time, take care.

~Sarah~

 

 

17 comments:

  1. I love your dough fillers around that candle - especially "Jack"! That's a really clever idea to add the details like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    I hope your Hawkeyes win. Football season is a sure sign that fall is here. I love your new bowlfillers, the heirloom pumpkins are awesome.
    hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm...you mean GO HUSKERS! LOL

    Love your bowls fillers!! You sure have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in love with these bowl fillers! Love the details on "Jack". Emily did good on painting the witch's hat! I love football too, but for some reason, I don't really follow college football all that much. Weird, huh? Anyways, good luck to your team this weekend!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah: I loooove your bowl fillers...you've got me thinkin' that I need to start on mine...I bought some cute halloween cutters. I hope to post in the next few weeks. Are those lil' acorns real ones? What ratio of salt, water and flour do you use?
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, you mean GO HAWKS! 40 to 7 in the 3rd! They are awesome! You live in Iowa? We do and couldn't be prouder!
    BTW~ love your bowl fillers too!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do the BEST dough fillers! I love them all. I bought some small cutters last year on clearance and hope to do some soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did so well on the fall bowl fillers, the pumpkins, half moon and the withces hat etc. Please tell your daughter she sure did a great job painting the witches hats!!!

    It is true about fall the smells and the colors and take a minute and enjoy it all!

    I hope you and your family have a great holiday weekend!

    Prim Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah, your bowl fillers are fantastic. I love Emily's touch of yellow on the witch's hat - the perfect punch of color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you have displayed the touches of fall bowl fillers. With some cooler temps today I am finally tempted to think fall!! but first I have to finish two painting projects. I am bring fall to my home all year with some new colors!

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of your fall bowl fillers. My husband and girls were the big football lovers. Since his death we don't even turn the TV on much. I miss him sitting in his chair with his remote.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I decided I must go look for some cookie cutters in fall shapes. I seen the recipe in the A Primitive Place Magazine. I am so enjoying the magazine. So sweet your daughter is crafting with you. Blessings to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah you have done a great job on your dough fillers, I am going to be trying this. Also love football but don't really understand all of it but that will change because our grandson is playing it in high school and all I really know he is a wide receiver. My main advice for him is when he gets that ball run fast. lol Kay

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah, Where do you get your great cookie cutters? I need to look online for some good ones. My local cake/candy store is very limited to just the basic ones. Thought maybe you had a good online place to look!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, we've got Fall in the air here in southeast Ohio finally. Sweetapple Farm is cutting out their corn maze for all to enjoy, big a small alike. The sights, sounds, and smells are all the proof we need.
    Your fillers are fantastic Sarah! So detailed and I love your finish on them. Very pleasing to the primitive eye:)
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sarah I just LOVE your wonderful new bowl fillers!! Jack is my favorite!!!!

    Blessings,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not sure if my previous post is waiting to be approved or what...but I love all your fillers! Can't wait to see what you come up with for Christmas! Definitley going to order the cute pumpkin ones when they are posted to etsy!
    Catana West
    nana4u_1999@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting & for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and enjoy each & every one! ~Sarah~