Friday, May 11, 2012

✿ Happy Mother’s Day ✿

Wanting to wish all of you a very Happy Mother’s Day. May your day be filled with love & laughter spent with the ones that mean the most to you!

I couldn’t be more fortunate. My Mom is amazing! No matter how old I get I will always need her. The best part is now that I am older we are also wonderful friends. She is always there for me, to pick me up, cheer me up, build me up, encourage me, tell me she is proud of me & she has done all of these things for all of these years. She can help you through the trials & challenges of raising a family, she has been there & done that. Or she can share in the true joy of raising a family, she has been there & done that too. Sometimes her advice is the same as it was so many years ago when she would sit on the edge of my bed & tell me that everything was going to be alright. Isn’t that really all you ever want & need to hear?  And those words just sound so reassuring coming from her mouth. Whether I am 4 or 44 & more it doesn’t matter I will always seek out my Mom’s wise advice. I am so blessed. I love you Mom. ♥

lavender for blog

This is a poem that my Mom gave to me on a plaque several years ago. I will never forget it & it will always ring true, it is called:

Don’t Quit~

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
when the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but do not quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victors cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit
Its when things seem worst that you must not quit.

Anonymous

For my dear friends that no longer have your Mothers here with you. I am sending out comforting hugs. May the precious memories live in your hearts forever. ♥

Have a wonderful weekend. Until next time, take care.

~Sarah~

 

6 comments:

  1. Love the beautiful poem you shared!! and the loving thoughts for those whose mothers have passed away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am truly blessed to still have my mother. she's 85 and i still need her and i'm 57. denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Sarah, hope you have a great Mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day Sarah, I hope you'll have a lovely day on Sunday.. I imagine that you will do some grilling. YUM ! Take care of those four legged *kids* of yours.. I imagine that they are a handful. ;o)
    The poem that you posted has been a famous one in our home for many years.
    I know you have a very special Mom because you're such a special person.. Best wishes to both of you, Charlotte in Va.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem ... thank you for sharing!
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting & for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and enjoy each & every one! ~Sarah~